The Future is Photonic
NLM Photonics is a pioneering photonics company developing computing
and networking solutions and devices.
Computer chips are the most complex human invention. Over the last 50 years, the computer chip and integration of electronics have revolutionized nearly every aspect of society.
One chip takes over 3 months and 700 steps to produce, not including years of design and development. The transistors that power them are by far the single most-produced item in human history. Modern chipmaking is equivalent to building an airplane on the nanoscale.
Photonics – another revolutionary technology – has developed in parallel. It’s accelerated over the last two decades in lasers, fiber optics, LIDAR, and similar technologies.
How do you improve on the greatest technology yet created?
Merge electronics and photonics. The same silicon used for electrical zeroes and ones of data can manipulate light as well.
However, something is missing:
an efficient bridge between electronics and photonics.
NLM Photonics is that bridge.
- Join Us: Dr. Scott R. Hammond presents findings at SPIE Photonics West 2022
- Electro-Optic Activity Record Broken: 1,000 pm/V Achieved
- We’re Celebrating Our 3rd Anniversary!
- On the Market: The World’s First Plasmonic-Organic Hybrid Devices Available
- Next-Level Photonic Commercialization Through National Science Foundation Grant Award